Monday, May 5, 2008

Deployment Day 160

An email from Leroy for the Blog....

Greetings everyone, I hope that everyone is doing
alright...Another day in Iraq. Temps today are
supposed to reach 110. Lows around 85...I know its
been forever since anyone has heard anything from me
but I am doing ok...don't let anybody fool you
deployments are the toughest thing I have ever had to
do...We have been having power issues so most of the
time we don't have power or AC or anything like that.
They have for the most part got it all taken care of
and fixed. I work midnight till 6 in the MWR where I
control computer times and phones...so that soldiers
can contact their loved ones. I have one of the best
jobs on the FOB. We have times when we can eat,
shower, and basically do everything. They serve 2
meals breakfast, usually cereal muffins poptarts and
occasionally eggs, hashbrowns and sausage...Supper is
usually our breakfast as well sometimes...so it all
depends we have to take combat showers which means
only run water when we have too. The stalls our
divided by thin rubber matting which offer very little
privacy if any and they are only open for a few hours
every day. Things are very quiet here not much going
on anyway I work midnight till 6 in the mwr then i
spend 3 hours in the office filing papers and making
sure the "place doesn't fly away" i also fill out the
daily board with where everybody is and the moves if
any over the night...I burn the sensetive items trash
and call it a day...I go home (by home) I mean head
back to my tent which I share with 15 other guys. The
rumors are that they are going to be getting 4 man
chews but haven't heard anything about that so we wait
and see. I have learned that they should change the
slogan of the army from army strong to wait and see.
I sleep on a cot that has a paper thin mattress on it
2 lockboxes that are full of my stuff. along witha tv
and ps2 that keeps me entertained. One of my friends
sent me 5 dvds that have all of Jeremy Mayfields wins
so that keeps me happy. Plus I have friends go to the
big base and get me movies and anything I need. I am
excited I will be coming home around May 22nd which
makes me happy. I can't wait to go home. I miss
Kristen, and my family. It seems hard to believe that
the deployment is more than halfway over Rumor has it
that we will be leaving a week after thanksgiving.
Wait and see. I know mom is going to flip cause of
all the grammatical errors in this: Mom I'm doing my
best a little tired tonight! Love you...talk to you
all later!!!!!!


No, we don't serve cow tippers in the morning....freedom toast is a
possibility.

No comments: